Keeping tabs on - and managing - your risks is a fundamental part of project delivery. So, here's how to set up your all-important risk register in the Core App.
How to Set Up a Risk Register
Head to the Admin panel and select the "Fields" button.
Within here, we recommend creating fields for:
- Risk severity
- Risk probability
- Risk impact.
It's a good idea to have these configured as either number or percentage fields.
Once you have all your fields, you'll probably want to calculate your risk score! To do this:
- Create a field
- In the "field type" box, select "calculated"
- You can then build an equation by selecting the field names you've configured and choosing a series of operators (e.g. severity + probability + impact)
- Once you're happy, click "save"!
So, you've now made your fields - it's time to put them all together in a table!
- Head back to the Admin panel and select the Tables tab
- Create a Standard Table
- Add your chosen field types
- Don't forget to save!
Now, you'll see your risk table appear within your projects. Why not head into a test one and give it a go?
edison365's Top Tips for Risk Management
- When configuring your fields, don't forget that you can set a maximum value for each number!
- When you're putting your tables together, it's great to add a little bit more flavor to give people context. For example, you might decide to include the potential benefits of a project, alongside its risk.
- Remember: you can save on time by copying an existing table, and amending the fields.